celebrity deaths Monday, February 29, 2016
Jennylyn Mercado Monday, February 29, 2016
Jennylyn Mercado shows no sign of being stopped from being the hottest leading lady today. In just two years, she was paired with today's hottest leading men including Dennis Trillo, Derek Ramsay, Sam Milby, Jericho Rosales, and the latest - Rom-com King himself John Lloyd Cruz.
And this publicity/look test photo from her latest movie Just The Three of Us with THE John Lloyd Cruz speaks volume of chemistry. Did we hear it right that they would have a love scene for the movie?
Watch the teaser of Just The Three of Us
ang panday Monday, February 29, 2016
TV5's own version of the late FPJ's original "Ang Panday" made its initial episode on primetime television this Monday, February 29, 2016. The series topbills Richard Gutierrez which incidentally marks his return after years of absence from doing primetime series on television.
Gutierrez admitted that playing “Ang Panday” is a “big shoe to fill.” He was referring to how the late Fernando Poe Jr., Philippine Cinema’s King of Action Films, popularized and elevated “Ang Panday” to iconic status in the 80’s.
Based from Carlo J. Caparas's original story, the series is being helmed by Mac Alejandre under Viva Entertainment.
The first TV version of the popular 70’s comic book novel by Carlo J. Caparas was produced 11 years ago by ABS-CBN starring Jericho Rosales as Flavio.
eat bulaga Monday, February 29, 2016
Eat Bulaga host Joey De Leon posted on his Twitter account their reaction the moment Leonardo Dicaprio's name was announced as this year's Oscars Best Actor for the film "The Revenant".
He captioned it with "Mga walang paki sa Oscars Best Actor!". His post made 3000+ retweets and favorited more than 5000 times by netizens on Twitter an hour after it was posted.
The video was similar to videos that users record and upload during beauty pageant coronation events. The result is just spontaneous and real.
Filipino director Wenn V. Deramas passed away on Monday morning (February 29) after suffering from a massive heart attack.
Deramas' good friend June Rufino confirmed the news with CNN Philippines on Monday through a phone interview.
Rufino said Deramas, 49, passed away at around 6:10 a.m. Monday at the Capitol Medical Center in Quezon City.
She shared that Deramas visited his sister at the hospital on Sunday after the latter died from a heart attack. Deramas had a heart attack in the same hospital at around 3 a.m. and doctors tried to revive him, said Rufino.
His death came as a surprise to his loved ones, even though he underwent an angioplasty last year. He was cleared and well-rested, according to Rufino.
Known in the entertainment industry as Direk Wenn, Deramas directed numerous blockbuster films, such as the Ang Tanging Ina film series, The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin, and Sisterakas.
He also directed well-loved TV series, such as Mula sa Puso, Saan Ka Man Naroroon, Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan, and the 2015 remake of Flordeliza.
Rufino shared that he will miss Deramas' humor, and that the industry has lost a generous man with a very good heart.
Source: CNN Philippines
mark herras Thursday, February 25, 2016
A lot of video scandals from male celebrities have surfaced online for the past few weeks. There's Joross Gamboa, Kiko Estrada, Jordan Herrera, Andrew Wolfe, Jason Abalos, Michael Pangilinan, and a few more. It seems this has become a "trend" these days.
In an article written by Jun Nardo for Abante, actor Mark Herras told his manager Lolit Solis that his video scandal which surfaced in 2010 made its way again online due to "high demand" of video scandals from male celebrities.
But Solis only advised his talent to release a follow-up of his video scandal.
"Sabi ko kay Mark, maglabas uli siya ng bagong sex video niya", said Solis.
Wait... did she just say uli? like again? Does it mean that Mark's video scandal from the past was real and that it did really happen? Recall that their camp had denied it during the height of the controversy.
So is it? Just asking...
The Philippine Movie Press Club (PMPC) has announced its official list of nominees for the 32nd Star Awards for Movies happening on March 6, 2016 at the Newport Performing Arts Theater in Pasay City.
At least eight names for each category were given recognition for best movies, actors, and stakeholders in the movie industry for the past year both for mainstream and independent movies.
Here is the list of nominees as released by the PMPC
MOVIE OF THE YEAR:
• A Second Chance (Star Cinema)
• Crazy Beautiful You (Star Cinema)
• Etiquette For Mistresses (Star Cinema)
• Felix Manalo (Viva Films)
• Heneral Luna (Artikulo Uno Productions)
• Honor Thy Father (Reality Entertainment)
• The Love Affair (Star Cinema)
• Walang Forever (Quantum Films, MJM Productions, Tuko Films, and Buchi Boy Films)
MOVIE DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR:
• Mae Czarina Cruz-Alviar (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Cathy Garcia Molina (A Second Chance)
• Joel Lamangan (Felix Manalo)
• Erik Matti (Honor Thy Father)
• Nuel Naval (The Love Affair)
• Chito Roño (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Jerrold Tarog (Heneral Luna)
• Dan Villegas (Walang Forever)
INDIE MOVIE OF THE YEAR:
• Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan (IdeaFirst Company, Octobertrain Films, and APT Entertainment)
• Bambanti (Sinag Maynila and Centerstage Productions)
• I Love You, Thank You (The Grit Project and Noel Ferrer Productions
• Imbisibol (Sinag Maynila and Centerstage Productions)
• Old Skool (‘Til I’m 90 Film Productions and Bonfire Productions)
• Silong (SQ Film Laboratories and Black Maria Pictures)
• Taklub (Centerstage Productions)
• Tandem (Tuko Films and Buchi Boy Films)
INDIE MOVIE DIRECTOR OF THE YEAR:
• Zig Dulay (Bambanti)
• Lawrence Fajardo (Imbisibol)
• Charliebebs Gohetia (I Love You, Thank you)
• Cia Hermosa-Jorge (Old Skool)
• Jeffrey Hidalgo and Roy Sevilla Ho (Silong)
• Brillante Mendoza (Taklub)
• King Palisoc (Tandem)
• Jun Robles Lana (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
MOVIE ACTOR OF THE YEAR:
• John Arcilla (Heneral Luna)
• John Lloyd Cruz (Honor Thy Father)
• JM De Guzman (Tandem)
• Richard Gomez (The Love Affair)
• Daniel Padilla (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Piolo Pascual (Silong)
• Jericho Rosales (Walang Forever)
• Dennis Trillo (Felix Manalo)
MOVIE ACTRESS OF THE YEAR
• Bea Alonzo (A Second Chance)
• Nora Aunor (Taklub)
• Iza Calzado (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Sarah Geronimo (The Break-Up Playlist)
• Rhian Ramos (Silong)
• LJ Reyes (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Meryll Soriano (Honor Thy Father)
• Dawn Zulueta (The Love Affair)
MOVIE SUPPORTING ACTOR OF THE YEAR:
• Gerald Anderson (Everyday I Love You)
• Nonie Buencamino (Heneral Luna)
• Mon Confiado (Heneral Luna)
• Tirso Cruz, III (Honor Thy Father)
• Anthony Falcon (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Dan Fernandez (Honor Thy Father)
• Buboy Villar (Old Skool)
MOVIE SUPPORTING ACTRESS OF THE YEAR:
• Shamaine Buencamino (Bambanti)
• Alessandra De Rossi (Kid Kulafu)
• Mylene Dizon (Heneral Luna)
• Bela Padilla (Felix Manalo)
• Rochelle Pangilinan (Tandem)
• Pilar Pilapil (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Lorna Tolentino (Crazy Beautiful You)
NEW MOVIE ACTOR OF THE YEAR:
• Pepe Herrera (Walang Forever)
• Jon Lucas (#Ewankosau Saranghaeyo)
• Francis Magundayao (#Ewankosau Saranghaeyo)
• Marlo Mortel (Haunted Mansion)
• Dino Pastrano (Baka Siguro Yata)
• Jerome Ponce (Haunted Mansion)
• CJ Reyes (I Love You, Thank You)
NEW MOVIE ACTRESS OF THE YEAR:
• Elora Espano (Tandem)
• Elisse Joson (#Ewankosau Saranghaeyo)
• Maine Mendoza (My Bebe Love, #KiligPaMore)
• Kim Molina (Walang Forever)
• Sarah Pagcaliwagan (Walang Forever)
• Sue Ramirez (Just The Way You Are)
• Janella Salvador (Haunted Mansion)
MOVIE CHILD PERFORMER OF THE YEAR:
• Krystal Brimner (Honor Thy Father)
• Micko Laurente (Bambanti)
• Marco Masa (The Beauty and the Bestie)
• Alonzo Muhlach (The Beauty and the Bestie)
• JR Velasco (Mandirigma)
• Miguel Vergara (Just The Way You Are)
• Bimby Yap (All You Need Is Pag-Ibig)
*** TECHNICAL CATEGORIES ***
MOVIE SCREENWRITER OF THE YEAR:
• Henry Francia, E.A. Rocha, and Jerrold Tarog (Heneral Luna)
• Kriz Gazmen and Patrick Valencia (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Carmi Raymundo, Vanessa Valdez, and Cathy Garcia-Molina (A Second Chance)
• Bienvenido Santiago (Felix Manalo)
• Paul Sta. Ana (Walang Forever)
• Vanessa Valdez (The Love Affair)
• Michiko Yamamoto (Honor Thy Father)
MOVIE CINEMATOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR:
• Ber Cruz (Honor Thy Father)
• Neil Daza (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Pong Ignacio (Heneral Luna)
• Rody Lacap (Felix Manalo)
• Anne Monzon (The Love Affair)
• Noel Teehankee (A Second Chance)
• Dan Villegas and Moises Zee (Crazy Beautiful You)
MOVIE PRODUCTION DESIGNER OF THE YEAR:
• Winston Acuyong (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Gerry Borreros (A Second Chance)
• Joey Luna (Kid Kulafu)
• Edgar Martin Littaua (Felix Manalo)
• Ericson Navarro (Honor Thy Father)
• Benjamin Padero and Carlo Tabije (Heneral Luna)
• Elfren Vibar (The Love Affair)
MOVIE EDITOR OF THE YEAR
• Beng Bandong (The Love Affair)
• Jay Halili (Honor Thy Father)
• Marya Ignacio (A Second Chance)
• Marya Ignacio (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Carlo Francisco Manatad (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Jerrold Tarog (Heneral Luna)
• John Anthony Wong (Felix Manalo)
MOVIE MUSICAL SCORER OF THE YEAR:
• Cesar Francis Concio (A Second Chance)
• Cesar Francis Concio (The Love Affair)
• Von De Guzman (Felix Manalo)
• Jesse Lucas (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Erwin Romulo (Honor Thy Father)
• Jerrold Tarog (Heneral Luna)
• Emerzon Texon (Walang Forever)
MOVIE SOUND ENGINEER OF THE YEAR:
• Aurel Claro Bilbao (A Second Chance)
• Aurel Claro Bilbao (Etiquette For Mistresses)
• Aurel Claro Bilbao (The Love Affair)
• Albert Michael Idioma (Felix Manalo)
• Arnel Labayo (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Mikko Quizon (Honor Thy Father)
• Mikko Quizon and Hit Productions (Heneral Luna)
MOVIE ORIGINAL THEME SONG OF THE YEAR
• “All You Need Is Pag-Ibig” – composed and arranged by Jungee Marcelo; interpreted by Yeng Constantino, from the movie “All You Need Is Pag-Ibig”
• “Ang Sugo Ng Diyos Sa Mga Huling Araw” – composed by Joan Solitario and Ryan Solitario; arranged by Louie Ocampo; interpreted by Sarah Geronimo, from the movie “Felix Manalo”
• “Hanggang Wala Nang Bukas” – composed, arranged, and interpreted by Ebe Dancel, from the movie “Heneral Luna”
INDIE MOVIE SCREENWRITER OF THE YEAR:
• Mary Honeylyn Joy Alipio (Taklub)
• Zig Dulay (Bambanti)
• Charliebebs Gohetia (I Love You, Thank You)
• Cia Hermosa-Jorge (Old Skool)
• Zig Marasigan (Tandem)
• Jun Robles Lana (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Roy Sevilla Ho (Silong)
INDIE MOVIE CINEMATOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR:
• Ike Avellana (Apocalypse Child)
• Albert Banzon (I Love You, Thank You)
• AB Garcia (Old Skool)
• Sol Garcia (Bambanti)
• Odyssey Flores (Taklub)
• Carlo Mendoza (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Rain Yamson, II (Silong)
INDIE MOVIE PRODUCTION DESIGNER OF THE YEAR:
• Tonee Acejo (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Christina Dy (Apocalypse Child)
• Marxie Maolen Fadul (I Love You, Thank You)
• Dante Mendoza (Taklub)
• Roland Rebunecia (Silong)
• Roma Regala (Old Skool)
• Aped Santos (Bambanti)
INDIE MOVIE EDITOR OF THE YEAR:
• Lawrence Ang (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Lawrence Ang (Apocalypse Child)
• Zig Dulay and Cyril Bautista (Bambanti)
• Lawrence Fajardo (Imbisibol)
• Tara Illenberger (Old Skool)
• Sarah Roxas Santos (Silong)
• Benjamin Tolentino (Tandem)
INDIE MOVIE MUSICAL SCORER OF THE YEAR:
• Teresa Barrozo (Silong)
• Nonong Buencamino (Old Skool)
• Diwa De Leon (Taklub)
• Bryan Dumaguina (Tandem)
• Gian Gianan (Bambanti)
• Armi Millare (Apocalypse Child)
• Gauss Obenza (I love You, Thank You)
INDIE MOVIE SOUND ENGINEER OF THE YEAR:
• Jess Carlos (Silong)
• Corinne De San Jose (Apocalypse Child)
• Albert Michael Idioma (Anino Sa Likod Ng Buwan)
• Albert Michael Idioma (Imbisibol)
• Andrew Millalos and Addiss Tabong (Taklub)
• Addiss Tabong (Bambanti)
• Addiss Tabong (I Love You, Thank You)
INDIE MOVIE ORIGINAL THEME SONG OF THE YEAR:
• “Liwanag Ng Iyong Halaga” – music and lyrics by Jethro Tenorio and Maynard de Guzman; interpreted by Christian Bautista, from the movie “Filemon Mamon”
• “Love’s Melody” -- lyrics by Celine Marie Flores, music by Nonong Buencamino, interpreted by Jay Marquez, from the movie “Old Skool”
• “Tulog Na” – lyrics by Zig Dulay, composed by Gian Gianan, interpreted by Alessandra de Rossi, from the movie “Bambanti”
• “Walang Hanggan” – composed and interpreted by Quest, from the movie “Ang Kuwento Nating Dalawa”
• “Young Again” – composed, arranged, and interpreted by Armi Millare, from the movie “Apocalypse Child”
DARLING OF THE PRESS (Special Award):
• KC Concepcion
• Sheryl Cruz
• Anne Curtis
• Kaye Dacer
• Dan Fernandez
• Vice Ganda
• Alden Richards
MOVIE LOVE TEAM OF THE YEAR (Special Award):
• Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla (Crazy Beautiful You)
• Kim Chiu and Xian Lim (All You Need Is Pag-Ibig)
• Nadine Lustre and James Reid (Para Sa Hopeless Romantic)
• Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards (My Bebe Love, #KiligPaMore)
• Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil (Everyday I Love You)
MS. AMALIA FUENTES – Nora Aunor Ulirang Artista Lifetime Achievement Award
MEL CHIONGLO (Director) – Ulirang Alagad ng Pelikula sa Likod ng Kamera Lifetime Achievement Award
Read more at http://www.pep.ph/guide/movies/23158/32nd-star-awards-for-movies-nominees-unveiled#VEaHTFMHWC7QOF8X.99
Read more at http://www.pep.ph/guide/movies/23158/32nd-star-awards-for-movies-nominees-unveiled#zVB3iQB5ITBiGhE1.99
celebrity weddings Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Acoustic singer Nyoy Volante and girlfriend stage actress Mikkie Bradshaw tied the knot Wednesday afternoon, February 24 through a Catholic wedding in Manila Cathedral in Intramurous, Manila.
The 38-year old acoustic singer proposed to Bradshaw more than two years ago on July 2014
A photo posted by Star Magic (@starmagicphils) on
#carpoolforever2016 Maingay at Super saya po Kami Ng Rock of Ages family and my manager @lovecapulong 😍😅❤️👏 Ang Pogi mooooo @nyoyvolante now lang hahaha pogiiiii 😍 @mikkiebradshaw You look sooooo beautiful 😊❤️👰 We're all happy for both of you and we love youuuu ❤️😊A video posted by Vina Morales (@vina_morales) on
The journey's just about to begin. You two will rock married life! 🤘🏻Congratulations, Mr. And Mrs. Volante! #carpoolforever2016A photo posted by Isabella Jose (@sabjose) on
#carpoolforever2016 Syempre di pwedeng di kami mag pa picture 😍❤️ with my manager @lovecapulong and MD @edcapulong, May Forever 😂❤️👋 Congratulations Mr and Mrs Volante 👫❤️ @nyoyvolante @mikkiebradshawA photo posted by Vina Morales (@vina_morales) on
Congratulations to the newlyweds.
jonalyn viray Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Jonalyn Viray, the first grand winner of GMA 7's reality singing show Pinoy Pop Superstar, has jumped ship to rival network ABS-CBN.
The singer was officially announced as the newest kapamilya during the grand presscon of ABS-CBN's upcoming pre-primetime series "We Will Survive" which stars Pokwang and Melai Cantiveros. Viray, who now goes by the name "Jona", was tapped to sing the official theme song "I Will Survive".
Viray, now a former talent of GMA7 was with the network for a decade until SOP/Party Pilipinas where whe was a regular went off-the-air. Since then, Viray chose to be a freelance artist until another opportunity knocked on her door.
Jonalyn was the voice behind the hit single "Help Me Get Over" - theme song of GMA7's 2013 controversial series My Husband's Lover.
Jona now joins Kyla and Jay-R on ABS-CBN who were also regulars of the defunct GMA Sunday variety show.
angelica panganiban Thursday, February 18, 2016
Failon shared on Noli De Castro's radio news program that Cruz confirmed to him that the ongoing rumors about his breakup with the actress is true. The revelation happened when Failon met with Cruz and Piolo Pascual during an ABS-CBN event and asked the former about the issue.
Read related story: Did Angelica Panganiban hint breakup with John Lloyd Cruz?
After finally admitting, John Lloyd told Ted that he and Angelica remain as friends. Ows, really?
Prior to this, Cruz has denied rumors linking him to perennial love team Bea Alonzo that they are now officially a couple. The denial was made after some netizens allegedly saw them aboard a plane bound to a private resort in Baler.
Read related story: Are John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo officially a couple?
concert Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Chinita Princess Kim Chiu will mark another milestone as she celebrates her 10th year in show business by staging a solo concert.
Dubbed as “Chinita Princess The Funtasy Concert”, the event will be held on April 9, 8pm at the Kia Theater. The concert will highlight Kim's successful journey in showbiz for her first ten years after she emerged as first grand winner of PBB Teen Edition in 2006.
On her Twitter account, Kim expressed her mixed feelings and asked for her fans to support this latest endeavor of her.
Isn't it surprising? Isn't it exciting?
encantadia Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Kapuso actress Marian Rivera is back to work after her pregnancy with her first baby Maria Letizia. GMA Network has announced her return to tv during a press conference made for her on Tuesday afternoon, February 16.
According to SVP for Entertainment Lilybeth Rasonable, Mrs. Dantes will reprise the role of Inang Reyna, the queen mother of the four sanggres in the upcoming sequel of the 2005 hit fantasy series Encantadia. The original character was played by Dawn Zulueta who's now a kapamilya.
Starting February 21, Marian will be regulary seen again in Sunday Pinaasaya. A new talkshow is also being prepared by the network for her.
latest news Thursday, February 11, 2016
Regional Trial Court Judge Ricky Jones Macabaya issued the arrest warrant for Miranda and Star Magic road manager Danilyn Nunga relative to the libel case they are facing before his sala.
The warrant was issued after Macabaya denied the motion filed by the accused, who sought to defer proceedings and to order the re-investigation of the case.
“The grounds asserted by Nunga that she was deprived of due process for they were not afforded a preliminary investigation or not given the opportunity to submit a counter affidavit deserves a scant consideration,” read Macabaya's two-page order.
The Office of the Cebu City Prosecutor indicted Miranda and Nunga for libel in relation to Republic Act 10175, or the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.
Assistant City Prosecutor Ruso Zaragoza filed the case in court last October 28 after the respondents failed to submit their counter affidavits, which would have allowed them to dispute the charges leveled against them. A bail of P10,000 each was recommended for the temporary freedom of the accused.
Defense lawyer Rex Atabay Tadena asked Macabaya to defer the proceedings and to order the re-investigation of the case.
In the pleading, Tadena argued that Miranda and Nunga were not given due process during the preliminary investigation.
Prosecution lawyer Jan Michael Cagulada opposed to the defense's motion, arguing that the accused were not deprived of due process since they were subpoenaed to answer the charges during preliminary investigation.
Should the accused intend to present evidence, Cagulada said they should do it during the trial proper and not in another preliminary investigation.
In the order, Judge Macabaya denied for lack of merit the defense's motion to the proceedings and to order the re-investigation of the case.
The state prosecutors conducted a preliminary investigation and the accused were subpoenaed.
“The failure of the accused to submit their counter-affidavits is construed by the court as waiver of their right to file the same,” said Macabaya in his order.
Although state prosecutors revolved the complaint without the counter affidavits of the accused, the same does not render the preliminary investigation irregular since the rules on criminal procedure allow prosecutor to resolve the case based on evidence presented.
The complainant, Clarence Taguiam, accused the respondents of libel for posting in their Instagram accounts a photo of him and that of his friends, Donna Marie Go.
In the post, Nunga labeled Taguiam and Go as “bogus and fictitious” sellers of a Go Pro Hero3 Action Camera last April 30, 2015.
On her Instagram, Nunga claimed she paid P7,500 for the camera she reportedly bought from Taguiam and Go, but she did not get the item. Miranda re-posted Nunga’s photo and remark in her Instagram account.
But Taguiam denied selling any camera to Nunga, saying he was with his father in China on a business trip on April 30.
In the resolution, Prosecutor Zaragosa said the respondents’ remark, though not vulgar, insinuates estafa, scam or fraudulent transactions by Taguiam and Go.
Since the respondents failed to answer the charges, Zaragosa said it was presumed that they have malice in posting the messages